Friday, March 21, 2008

My Dove Deal... CVS


Well here is my loot from CVS yesterday. I'm new to the whole thing but I did OK. I would have saved even more if I remembered my CVS coupon for $5.00 off $15.00. Novice mistake. ;)
I paid $0.78 cents for everything here out of pocket and got $5.00 towards my next purchase.
The conditioner was buy one get one free so that was $10.00. The deodorant's were $3.37 each and the soap was $2.50. I had three manufacturer coupons that took $4.50 off. I used $14.00 in Extra Care Bucks and paid 78 cents out-of-pocket. I got a gift card from the manager instead because my ECB's didn't print. He reviewed my purchases and said they should have printed.
I have some issues with the CVS thing because I have noticed that in my area the products that are so called "free after ECB's" are NEVER in stock. Not even one. I don't know when the best time to buy them are because I have been in the store on Sunday and they STILL weren't in stock. I have had staff offer "rain checks" but that is dumb because next month it won't generate ECB's. Frustrating. I have seen some of the deals that people do online and for me I think it's wrong to use two coupons for a product when one is free, even if no one catches it. I think those people are going to spoil it for the rest of us. I guess I will stay a casual user because I only want to buy things that I will use. For more information on saving at CVS click here: www.moneysavingmom.com www.Iheartcvs.com

1 comment:

Mom2fur said...

CVS rocks, doesn't it? Some weeks are better than others. You did great this time around!
BTW, I think there should be a quarterly ECB coming up after the first of April!