Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm Addicted...Frappuccino Recipe


I have to admit that I'm addicted to these little drinks. They are not as expensive as some of their other drinks, but the prices by me have gone up to as much as $1.99 each. I usually make this my treat when I go out to run errands. I realized that it was breaking my budget so I set out to make it myself. It tastes just like the real thing.






Here's my recipe:

1/2 cup strong brewed coffee (can use double strength) *see note below
2 1/2 cups 2 % milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar

Dissolve sugar in hot coffee then cool it. Combine coffee mixture with milk. Stir or shake and serve really cold. Store in pitcher or covered container.

Notes: 1. To make "mocha" flavor add a pinch of cocoa powder (1/16 of tsp.) before combining.
2. To make mixture thicker like the real thing add 1 T. of dry pectin. It does not add any flavor and can usually be found near the canning products. I don't add it because it just adds expense.
3. If you really like a strong coffee flavor use 1/2 cup espresso instead of coffee.

This recipe makes 24 oz. each little bottle contains 9 1/2 oz. and can be made for less than a dollar depending on which coffee you use.

No comments: