Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pep talk for SAHM's .....

Here is part of a post with some wonderful wisdom:

If I identify myself as the culture does, as a “stay at home Mom”, one who has no intellectual contribution, gross-national product contribution or status symbol contribution, I become just that: a woman who sees herself as one who has grunted and groaned out another human being and now stays behind her four walls, in self-imposed seclusion. Not much of a vision there---it actually sounds strangely psychotic.

If I deem myself as a woman employed by the Creator of everything ever created, as on work assignment in a sacred domain for the sculpting of souls that will exist forever and forever without end, I have a burning passion of purpose. And a paycheck that is said to be beyond what eye or ear can even comprehend!


I thought this was a great boost for me as sometimes the work load gets overwhelming and, well boring. If you want to read the whole article go here:
http://aholyexperience.com/2005/05/strange-disappearance.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for that message! I have found that a lot of the time when you stay home with your kids you can sometimes be made to feel like you don't work, just because you don't make money. I like that pep talk because it gives what we do more value than anything else in the world. Makes you feel really good about the choice you made :).
Denise

Anonymous said...

I prefer the term "homemaker" because my job is to make the home--to keep it, to make it beautiful, to make it warm and inviting, to till outside of it. Yes, I am a mother--I have 5 children--but it is not the only thing I do, even though I actually DO stay home a lot--more than most "Sahm"s that I know, in fact!

I know what I do is important, and besides that, it's a lot of fun! I love being home, and I know it is where God would have me be.

I work hard each day, and it is such a joy to be home!