Sunday, June 1, 2008

Ziploc Baggie Alternatives....

Happy-Sacks for snacks and goodies or anything!

My tip for this week is for cutting down on plastic bag use. I found these bags that were so cute.
My latest great find......I came across these adorable little bags at Green Island this weekend while shopping in Traverse City. We have a cottage near Big Rapids and I love to make the trip to Traverse which is a little more than an hour away. I have been searching for an alternative for baggies for a long time. Now granted, they don't actually "seal" so you can't use them for everything, but for sandwiches, snacks, popcorn, carrots etc. it's really a great thing. I love the way that the velcro is set low enough down so that it actually makes a fold to keep things inside better. I paid $8.50 and $6.50 for each of the two smallest sizes. I think if you do the math they are worth the investment because they can be used over and over. They can go in the washer/dryer or just wipe clean. They are organic on the outside cotton & bamboo and nylon on the inside. I think you could probably use them for transporting mama cloth as well. I'll let you know how that works in a later post. Visit the website here. For more great tips and recipes visit Tammy's Recipes here.

View of the bags open.

More resources for plastic bag alternatives here and here.


Mrs. Mordecai said...

Those are so cute!

Alison @ Pennythoughts said...

What a great tip! I was feeling guilty just yesterday for using plastic baggies for my husband's lunch. These are pricey, though, so I'll have to space out my purchases.

On a side note, I LOVE Traverse City! I'm slightly jealous that you live so close (I'm down in Texas). We honeymooned there at Chateau Chantal during the fall color season. Amazing!!